When you contact us, please know our phones are answered 24/7. If you call us, the person writing up your request for an estimate will need to ask for the following information:
- Your email address. You may wonder why. After the arborist evaluates your trees, they will write up a written estimate. This estimate is sent to you through email. You may also accept or decline this estimate by email. Once the job is done, your invoice will also be sent by email and you can pay by check or pay online with a debit card.
- Your relationship to the property. Are you the owner, a relative of the owner, a tenant of the owner or a property manager? We are happy to work with you, but we do have to contact the owner for permission from the owner or their authorized representative before cutting the trees.
- The address of the property including city/state. Our business name is a common one for tree services and sometimes people call us to cut trees in Oregon or elsewhere not realizing they have not reached a local business. We also need to know if your mailing address is a separate address.
- Whether your property address is a residential or commercial property. The status of your property may dictate we provide project information to the city, particularly on commercial properties.
- What type of tree service you seek. Do you want routine trimming, tree removal, emergency services, tree health evaluation, or expert witness assistance in a legal case. This helps us route your call appropriately. We are frequently asked when someone will call you back. Usually within an hour during daytime we will contact you to discuss your requests. During storms that have taken numerous trees down, response time may be delayed.